1856 The Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross Congregation was founded by Father Theodosius and Mother Maria Theresa Scherer.
1894 Holy Cross Sisters from Switzerland arrived in India at Bettiah- Bihar on invitation by the King Chuhuri.
1895-1956 Holy Cross Sisters established many Social, Educational and Health care institutions in various parts of the country.
1957 Sisters were invited by the Bishop for education and health care services in the rural areas of Madhya Pradesh.
1959 Holy Cross Hospital was established in Kunkuri, M.P.
1971 Holy Cross School of Nursing, Kunkuri was established.
1971 Holy Cross Hospital, Ambikapur was established.
1987 School of Nursing was shifted to Ambikapur.
2003 Upgradation of  Holy  Cross  School of Nursing   to Holy Cross College of Nursing, affiliated to Guru Ghasidas University- Bilaspur, recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
2009

Post graduate course in M.Sc. Nursing( 2 years)  with 4 specialties and  Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (2 years) courses added.

University affiliation was shifted partially to Ayush and Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh Raipur and partially to Surguja University Ambikapur temporarily.
2013 Affiliation completely shifted to Ayush and Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh Raipur.